Welcome to the Hurricane Electric IPv6 Certification Project. This tool will allow you to certify your ability to configure IPv6 and to validate your IPv6 server's configuration.
Through this test set you will be able to:
- Prove that you have IPv6 connectivity
- Prove that you have a working IPv6 web server
- Prove that you have a working IPv6 email address
- Prove that you have working forward IPv6 DNS
- Prove that you have working reverse IPv6 DNS for your mail server
- Prove that you have name servers with IPv6 addresses that can respond to queries via IPv6
- Prove your knowledge of IPv6 technologies through quick and easy testing
You will also demonstrate that you are familiar with IPv6 concepts such as:
- the format of IPv6 addresses
- AAAA records
- reverse DNS for IPv6
- the IPv6 localhost address
- the IPv6 default route
- the IPv6 documentation prefix
- the IPv6 link local prefix
- the IPv6 multicast prefix
- how to do an IPv6 ping
- how to do an IPv6 traceroute
- common IPv6 prefix lengths such as /64, /48, /32
- and more!
Users say that the Hurricane Electric Free IPv6 certification service is both entertaining and educational.
We aim to provide you with something to do after your first IPv6 ping.